January 18, 2013 by John Buckley
I’m always on the look out for extremely important topics to cover. Well in Ireland there is no more important topic than what the hell you do on a rainy manky day. Well here are some suggestions, let me know your ideas.
- Make a fort: just like when we were kids. It’s easy and fun, get out the duvets and old boxes http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Blanket-Fort
- Call, email or message that friend or person you haven’t spoken to in ages. You know you have time, it’s lashing sure!
- Reminisce about those TV shows you watch as a kid, then get online and watch a few (My personal favorite, Captain Planet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpXM9bj-WPU)
- Find out how rain is formed and other such geographical things (like Ox bow lakes)!!! Oh junior cert geography http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHHHRSBvo9o
- Make a YouTube playlist, always comes in handy for chill out sessions, parties and eh…rainy days
- Learn to make origami. This is hard so start easy!! http://www.origami-resource-center.com/easy-origami.html
- Make a dish or meal or something out of only what you have in your cupboard, this is hard but can be inventive. Beans with brown rice anyone????
- Quiz yourself: test your brainpower!!! http://www.sporcle.com/
- Find out about a country you’ve always been interested in but never knew much about, like Comoros http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comoros
- Clean your room????…. Eh not so much!
- Draw something!!!!!! http://www.facebook.com/playdrawsomething
- How about writing something, poem, song, articles. Get the creative juices flowing http://www.spunout.ie/getin/Media-factory/Write-guide or for the artsy in you http://www.creative-writing-now.com/how-to-write-poetry.html
- Make a bucket list (to be completed when the rain stops!!!)
- Use you voice online and take action!!! There’s loads of websites where you can do this from Amnesty to Green Peace to http://www.avaaz.org/en/. Or else start your own action online, by creating a petition, blog or writing some emails http://www.spunout.ie/action/
- Work out! One of those DVD movie things you can do in the front room! Bend and stretch and flex and bend and ……. Or else something like yoga or Pilates (please be careful though!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0kNeOyH98
- Why don’t you try a bit of mental work out too? Trying some mindfulness is a good way to chill and get to know your body! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6eFFCi12v8
- See if you can eat your five a day or fruit and veg (it’s tough going) but also check out doing something positive for your mind too http://www.unwindyourmind.ie/tips/
- Dress up or make cool costumes!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AczWL-UMDM
- Watch ‘The Never Ending Story’ or equivalent random 80’s movie http://www.imdb.com/list/eVen0WiFRQI/
- Do something positive for the environment. Get your green strategy on!!! http://www.earthshare.org/green-tips.html
- Make a list of 100 happy times in your life, guaranteed to make you smile!
And there’s loads more!!!!