September 25, 2013 by John Buckley
This Thursday does not belong to Diageo, it belongs to you
So on Arthur’s Eve, I was thinking that it may be a good idea to have some alternatives to a day that’s focused on maximising profits, consumption of Guinness and general rubbish. So here’s a list of some things you can try
- The IFI documentary series is on, some good films, including the Irish premier of “The Great Hip Hop Hoax”.
- If you want to have a pint, but don’t want to line Diageo’s pockets, pay a visit to Against the Grain, for real Irish craft beer
- Why not get stuck into a bit of yoga, detox for the body and mind, and it feel deadly. You can check out classes here or check out online classes.
- The National Gallery of Ireland is open until 8.30pm on a Thursday. So why not go check out Jack B Yeats, Picasso and more.
- Bake it at home and pop a movie on. Love Lorraine Pascale, so here’s some of her recipes.
- Get your Origami on!
- There’s loads of festival on around the country (please note, author does not consider the two Guinness events listed as festival). You can also check out http://www.culturefox.ie
- Plot the Diageo downfall by brewing your own.
- If it’s raining, you can always try one of these
- If it’s a nice evening you can check out some of these adventure spots from around Dublin and Wicklow before it gets dark.
Concerned about alcohol, visit http://www.drinkhelp.ie